Field Trips and Group Visits
Field trips and groups (families, church groups, clubs, etc) are welcome at Discovery Green! While there is no charge to visit the park, we require reservations for groups of 20 or more so that we can ensure that each group has adequate space to enjoy their visit to the park. This includes groups just wanting to have lunch at the park.
Learn about the various park features, gardens and art in the park or visit our events calendar. Also, download a park map (PDF).
Next steps in planning your Group Visit:
- Complete and submit your Discovery Green Group Visit Request Form (below)
Please note: Group Visits are scheduled on MONDAY AND WEDNESDAY THROUGH FRIDAY ONLY; NO TUESDAYS in April/May or September/October. No groups larger than 300.
- Receive an email confirmation of your submission.
- Once approved, a second email will be sent to you that includes Group Visit rules and answers to Frequently Asked Questions. Due to the high volume of requests we receive, a response could take several business days.
Ideas for your Group Visit:
KBR DiscoverY Green is GR8 Field Trip Guide has fun and educational information for students, including a Teacher's Guide and Classroom Discussion Questions. Click the links below to print each document (PDF version):
- Teacher's Manual
- Classroom Discussion Questions
- Discovery Green Fun Facts
- Go Green Crossword Puzzle
- Save Our Planet Word Search
- DiscoverY Green is GR8 Ways To Help Mother Earth
- Color Your Own Synchronicity of Color
Guided Tours by park staff members are available. The cost is $4/person. The 20-30 minute tour highlights the programming, art, gardens and overall park sustainability. There may be some limitations on larger groups. This includes a souvenir lanyard. Guided tours are weather and schedule permitting.
Puppet Shows. M.D. Anderson offers a FREE puppet show at the park for Kindergarten through Fourth grade. Your request must be approved by Discovery Green prior to making a reservation with M.D. Anderson. A minimum number of attendees is required for the show, and reservations must be made four weeks in advance. Read the details of the M.D. Anderson Puppet Show.
Box Lunches. The Lake House Cafe offers field trip boxed lunches at a discounted rate (see brochure). Contact the Lake House manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.