Spreading serenely over more than an acre of the park, Kinder Lake is one of the signature features of Discovery Green®. Situated on the north side of the park near the Anheuser-Busch stage, the area also features:
- The Cooper Industries Water Garden
- The Merrill Lynch Co. Pier
- Carruth Lake Lights
- Kayak rides and R/C Sailboats are offered during the Spring, Summer and Fall seasons. See below for more details. These activities are subject to weather conditions such as rain or lightning at the discretion of Bayou City Adventures.
- The Model Boat Basin, a shallow pool for remote-controlled battery-operated watercraft. Visitors are welcome to bring their own battery-operated remote-controlled boats during park hours.
NO KAYAKING OR BOAT RENTALS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Please take note of these Park Rules when visiting the lake:
- Do not enter lake
- Do not throw objects in water
- No dogs in water or on lake edge
- No boating except model boats
- No fishing
Kayaking On Kinder Lake has been suspended until further notice
Kayaking on Kinder Lake at Discovery Green® is a fun and easy way to try out this water sport beneath the shadow of the Houston skyline. Leisurely paddle around the shallow Kinder Lake and enjoy all the fish swimming beneath the surface. Kayak rentals is provided by Bayou City Adventures and subject to weather conditions. If you have any questions, or would like more information please call 713-538-7433 or email email@example.com.
o Kayak rides are $5 per person. (Includes kayak rental and ride)
o Only approved kayaks rented through Bayou City Adventures can be used on Kinder Lake.
The cost is $5 per boat for 15 minutes.