Pokemon Go trainers to ensure everyone's safety we kindly ask that all visitors observe the following park rules below and here.
Discovery Green was created for the enjoyment of the people of Houston and its visitors and guests. While in the park, please respect the rights of others by allowing free and open access to all areas of the park at all times.
For the safety and enjoyment of all, Discovery Green manages park activity very carefully. See below some of the general rules of the park. For a full list of park rules, please click here (PDF).
- Park hours are 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., unless otherwise posted.
- Visitors must comply with directions from Park Personnel. Please obey all posted rules. Specific rules for each feature in the park are clearly posted.
- Discovery Green is a smoke-free zone.
- Please keep our green spaces clean! Look for our silver recycling containers adjacent to trash containers all around the park.
- Rollerskating, rollerblading, bicycling, or using other similarly wheeled equipment is prohibited, except where Bike Routes are posted. Skateboarding is not allowed.
- Possession of weapons is prohibited.
- Pet owners:
- You must pick up and dispose of pet waste
- No glass containers or outside alcoholic beverages are allowed.
Please be aware that a permit from the park is required for the following activities:
- Functions involving groups of 20 or more. Hold your event at the park
- Use of amplified/electronic sound devices
- Selling or promoting food, drinks, merchandise or services. Corporate Product Sampling at Discovery Green
- Exhibiting or performing to derive revenue
- Conducting commercial photography or video; consent of a child’s parent required. Photography and Video Guidelines
- Using any park area for a special use
- Operating a motor vehicle or riding a horse
Discovery Green Reg. U.S. Pat. & Tm. Off.