For the safety and enjoyment of all, Discovery Green manages park activity very carefully. See below some of the general rules of the park. For a full list of park rules, please click here (PDF).
- Park hours are 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., unless otherwise posted.
- Visitors must comply with directions from Park Personnel. Please obey all posted rules. Specific rules for each feature in the park are clearly posted.
- Discovery Green is a smoke-free zone.
- Please keep our green spaces clean! Look for our silver recycling containers adjacent to trash containers all around the park.
- Rollerskating, rollerblading, bicycling, or using other similarly wheeled equipment is prohibited, except where Bike Routes are posted. Skateboarding is not allowed.
- Possession of weapons is prohibited.
- Pet owners:
- You must pick up and dispose of pet waste
- No glass containers or outside alcoholic beverages are allowed.
Please be aware that a permit from the park is required for the following activities:
- Functions involving groups of 20 or more. Hold your event at the park
- Use of amplified/electronic sound devices
- Selling or promoting food, drinks, merchandise or services. Corporate Product Sampling at Discovery Green
- Exhibiting or performing to derive revenue
- Conducting commercial photography or video; consent of a child’s parent required. Photography and Video Guidelines
- Using any park area for a special use
- Operating a motor vehicle or riding a horse