John P. McGovern Playground
This whimsical playground is carved into a tree-shaded hill that shields youngsters from the surrounding streets. The theme of the playground is the major migratory flyway for birds that pass over Houston. Some species of these birds are represented in the play sets, which also include signs to educate visitors.
For the safety and enjoyment of all, Discovery Green manages park activity very carefully. Please click here to see other Park Rules pertaining to the playground.
Please take note of these Park Rules when visiting the playground:
- Children age 12 and under only
- No dogs
- Adults must be with a child
- No food, drinks or smoking
- No bikes, rollerblades or skates
- No coolers or chairs
- Playground access may be restricted for safety
- Playground may not be reserved
- No fighting or reckless behavior