This fanciful fountain is one of the most popular features in Discovery Green, and indeed, the entire city. During Houston’s hot summer months, hundreds of children play daily in this perennial favorite “cool spot.” Lively jets create a joyful water park atop a gently sloping granite surface, with 14-foot high arcing jets.
Fountain hours: Open on Mondays from noon - 7 p.m. and Tuesday - Sunday from 9 a.m. - 7 p.m. Please note that the fountain is turned off if there is thunder or lightning.
Please note that swim diapers are required for infants and toddlers (available for purchase in the Park Office/Alkek Building). Water shoes are strongly encouraged.
Please take note of these Park Rules when visiting the fountain:
- No running
- No dogs
- No balls or other toys
- No towels on trees
- No food, drinks or smoking
- Adults must be accompanied by a child age fourteen or under
- Access for adults may be restricted for safety
- Do not sit on or near fountain jets
- Exit fountain if directed by Park Personnel
- No fighting or reckless behavior
Discovery Green Park Rules