The Jones Lawn is the largest green space at Discovery Green, and therefore offers panoramic views of the Park and unobstructed views of the downtown skyline. The Lawn is an exceptional manicured space that can accommodate almost any large gathering. It is the site of major events such as Discovery Green’s Dock Dogs competition or pick-up sports. The Convention District Garage lies directly below the Jones Lawn. From charity galas, festivals or concerts for hundreds or thousands, the Jones Lawn can make any event a memorable and magical occasion.
- Performances and concerts
- Gala events
- Corporate events
- Receptions and dinners
- Charity events
- Weddings and receptions
- Viewing parties
- Team building activities
- 1½ acres of lawn space (160’ x 400’) adjacent to The Grove & Lake House restaurants.
- Park’s public restrooms are located nearby
- Three-phase power and limited 120 v power
- Data/phone pullbox
- Permanent anchors support large party tents up to 132’ x 180’.
- Due to its location over the underground parking garage, the Lawn is subject to weight restrictions.
Capacity: Audience style - 5,000-6,000
Review our Event Planning Guide
and complete the Event Application
Please note: The Jones Lawn will be closed for re-sodding from June 22 through Sept. 7, 2015.
For more information on park maintenance, please visit our blog post here.