The ICE at Discovery Green uses recycled water from Kinder Lake to create a 7,716 square-foot ice skating surface, making it the largest outdoor skating rink in the Southwest. Lace up your skates and get ready for a memorable winter experience at Discovery Green now through February 8, 2015!
ICE Rink Admission
- $13 includes skate rental and tax. Skating time limited to 1.5 hours all school holidays and weekends. A portion of tickets sales goes to support Discovery Green Conservancy's free year-round programming. Tickets are available for purchase in-person at the ICE.
- $25 Speed Pass includes priority entrance, skate rental and tax. Speed Pass tickets are available for purchase online only. Click here to skip the lines!
Hours of Operation
- Friday, Saturday, School Holidays*: 11 am - 11 pm
- Monday - Thursday: 4 - 10 pm
- Sunday**: 11 am - 8 pm
- Christmas Eve: 11 am - 7 pm
- Christmas Day: 1 - 10 pm
- New Year's Eve: 11 am - 8 pm
- New Year's Day: 1 - 10 pm
- Martin Luther King Day, Jan. 19: 11 am - 11 pm
**IMPORTANT UPDATE: On Sunday, Dec. 14 The ICE will stop selling tickets at 2 pm. The rink will be open to the public from 11 am until 4 pm. The rink is closed to the public at 4 pm.
The ice rink may be closed at times due to weather conditions, such as heat, lightning or rain. On very warm days, the rink may open late so that the ice may be covered until 3:30 pm. We apologize for any inconvenience. Weather updates can be found on our website or call 713-434-RINK (7465) for more information.
Weekly Events at The ICE
- MONDAY: Cheap Skate Nights, 4-10 pm (excludes 12/22, 12/29, 1/5, 1/19) and Jazz on ICE, 7-9 pm
- TUESDAY: Two Step Tuesdays, 6-10 pm (Line dancing lessons, 7-8 pm)
- WEDNESDAY: Latin Nights on ICE, 6-10 pm
- THURSDAY: Hot Nights on ICE, 7-10 pm (Karaoke from 8-9 pm)
- FRIDAY: Bank of America Friday Night Flicks, 7:30 pm
- SATURDAY: Skate with Santa presented by ExxonMobil, 4-5 pm
- SUNDAY: Houston Skating Stars demonstrations, 6-6:15 pm
Special Events at The ICE
Rainbow on ICE - The annual city-wide GLBT celebration at Discovery Green heads to the ICE for the ultimate dance party with electrifying entertainment! Thursday, December 18, 7-10 pm.
Discovery Green Flea - Vendors selling vintage clothing, antiques, jewelry and more! Saturday, December 20 and Saturday, January 10, 11 am 5 pm.
FROSTIVAL! - An ICE smack down with four nationally renowned Ice carvers including Reverend Butter and the DLG Ice Factory. Includes skating demos, ice sculptures, ice ping-pong table, an ice graffiti wall, ice throne for pictures, snowball fights, live music and the ArtX Art Car glow procession. Sunday, February 8, 4-8 pm.
Bringing a group? The ICE is perfect for church groups, daycare and school field trips, scout outings, birthdays, and company parties. Advance reservations are required. Party tables are available for rent. To submit your group reservation, click here. For more information about group sales and table rentals, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn a lifetime sport! One-on-one instruction is available. Advance reservations are required. To reserve a private lesson, click here.
Ice Rink EventsIce Rink Events, a Houston-based designer, manufacturer, installer, and operator of ice rinks around the globe, transforms Kinder Lake’s model boat basin into a holiday skating destination each winter season at the park. The expanded rink uses equipment that runs on renewable energy and even the ice rink border is made from recycled plastic materials.
To learn more about the ICE, click here.