Sponsor an Event
- Distinction of Location. Discovery Green has achieved an extraordinary level of recognition and respect since opening in 2008. Presenting more than 600 events each year, the park attracts a diverse audience of Houstonians and visitors.
- Visibility: $7,523,848.80 million in measured media value was earned in 2012.
- Category Prominence: Sponsor receives exclusivity regarding promotion of brand on-site at the event, specific to its business category.
- Audience: 1.2 million annually. Full complement of media with television, radio, print, web and social media.
- Marketing Activation: Sponsor can conduct third-party promotions with approved retailers. Use of VIP hospitality area(s) for client entertainment commensurate with sponsor level. Promotional timeframe of one month prior to the event and day of event.
- Exclusivity: Discovery Green values our sponsors and relationships. Sponsors are limited and are category exclusive.
- Protection of Property: Discovery Green controls tickets, signage and on-site activity at the event.
- Business-to-Consumer Opportunities: Discovery Green’s supporters include Houston’s generous philanthropic donors plus corporations such as H-E-B, Silver Eagle Distributors, Shell Oil Company, IKEA Houston, ExxonMobil, Hess Corporation, Green Mountain Energy, LandRover and Chipotle.
- Media Partnership and News Coverage Potential: Discovery Green has partnerships with KPRC-TV, Comcast, Houston Chronicle, Univision 45 and Houston Public Media and makes every attempt to secure major radio and print media partners.
- Established Reputation: Discovery Green staff and team experience in live entertainment and event programming, producing and marketing expertise spans 20+ years. There is extensive dedication to working with sponsors and collaborating with media to deliver a high quality interactive marketing experience while ensuring a spectacular event for on-site attendees and television viewing audience. Long-term loyal sponsors and high sponsor renewal rate are indicative of the park’s successful history. Discovery Green was named 2012 Marketer of the Year by the American Marketing Association Houston Chapter.
- Beneficiary: Discovery Green Conservancy, a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization operates Discovery Green, an urban park that serves as a village green, a source of health and happiness for our citizens, and a window into the diverse arts and traditions that enrich life in Houston. Sponsorship is tax-deductible.
Discovery Green offers five different types of events and activities:
Signature EventsSome of our most popular events are Dog Days, Scream on the Green, FUN-omenal Family Festival, Rainbow on the Green, Families on the Green, Gala on the Green, and the monthly Discovery Green Flea. The highlight of the winter season is the ICE at Discovery Green.
ArtsDiscovery Green is the new backdrop for Houston’s talented performing and visual artists providing a window into the incredible diversity of talents and traditions that enrich life in Houston.
EntertainmentHighlights include our popular Thursday Concert Series, outdoor movies presented under the stars and lights of the Houston skyline, the Blues and Burgers lunchtime concerts by the lake, and more.
Families and ChildrenDiscovery Green offers many ways for families to grow and connect such as our Toddler Tuesdays. Writers in the Schools and HPL Express team up with Discovery Green to offer Houston’s only free open writing workshop for kids.
Healthy LivingMore than 18,000 visitors participate in our weekly exercise classes, which include yoga, Zumba, senior fitness, and more. In addition, people come from all over Houston to participate in Recycling Saturdays at the park.
To learn more about corporate sponsorship opportunities, please complete the request form below.
Discovery Green's IRS Form 990