Job Title: Ambassador
Work location: Discovery Green, 1500 McKinney, Houston, TX 77010
Reports to: Outreach Coordinator
Department Information: Ambassadors are tasked with assisting park visitors, maintaining the park grounds at the highest level of quality and safety possible, and they support the Programming Team with event services.
Pay Type: Hourly, Non-Exempt, Part Time, under 30 hours/week
Pay Rate: $12.50 hourly
Work Schedule: to be determined, with required weekends, evenings and holidays; candidate must be prepared and willing to work whenever scheduled Monday through Sunday. This position has a flexible schedule that will change weekly.
Examples of Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Customer Service:
• Park Maintenance
• Other duties as assigned; all Conservancy employees work together as a team and frequently assist each other in every department when needed.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
• High school/GED degree preferred.
• Must be able to work within a strong team environment, following directions and completing assigned tasks.
• Must be able to work under pressure and remain calm and courteous.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand for long periods of time; walk; use hands to grasp, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl; and talk; or hear. This work is outdoors in all weather, including extreme heat and cold.
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move more than 25 pounds.