Last Chance to Skate!January 23, 2013
by Laura Prus It’s hard to believe that our winter season has flown by and there is less than a week of skating left at The ICE at Discovery Green!
Someone who has seen everything at The ICE over the past five years is rink manager Julio Pena. Check out his top five reasons to stop by and skate before it’s too late!
1. The ICE is unique! – The ICE at Discovery Green is a completely different experience than other ice rinks. Throughout the season we’ve had a lot of fun, free programming allowing visitors to enjoy The ICE in a variety of ways. Plus, you can’t beat the view of Discovery Green and Downtown Houston while you skate!
2. Everyone can enjoy skating. – People from all over come to visit The ICE. We’ve had visitors from other cities, other states, even other countries! We had a visitor not too long ago from Argentina! No matter where the skaters come from, they always leave with a smile on their face.
3. One visit is simply not enough. – We see a lot of repeat visitors to The ICE. Many people come every year, and others that come every day. There are some skating regulars that have come to know me by name!
4. It’s a perfect family outing. – One of my favorite things about The ICE is seeing families enjoying the experience together. It’s wonderful to see everyone happy and having a great time. For younger members of the family, we have double blade skates and a smaller rink so they can enjoy the experience too.
5. It’s a Houston tradition. – This is the fifth year of The ICE, and it has become a winter tradition. It’s a great concept full of music and art. We look forward to future winters at Discovery Green and continuing to be part of the community. The ICE at Discovery Green is open through Sunday, January 27.
Don’t miss your last chance to skate! For hours, visit: http://www.discoverygreen.com/ice